MyGov and the National Center for Vector Borne Diseases Control Division of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare invite students from Class 6 to 8 and from Class 9 to 12 across India to design a poster and write a slogan on the topic Let’s Eliminate Lymphatic Filariasis (Haathipawn) from India.
Schools affiliated with CBSE, including Kendriya Vidyalaya, Navodaya Vidyalaya, and National Institute of Open Schooling, and schools affiliated to all State Boards can participate in the Campaign and submit the best poster designs and slogans on the MyGov portal. The competition aims to enhance awareness among students regarding Lymphatic Filariasis.
Lymphatic filariasis (LF), commonly known as Elephantiasis/Haathipawn, is a disfiguring, disabling disease, usually acquired in childhood. In the early stages, there are either no symptoms or non-specific symptoms. The bite of an infected culex mosquito. The microfilariae are transmitted into the body of a mosquito which feeds on the blood of a person carrying microfilariae in their blood.
The transmission of infection can be controlled by treating the entire eligible population living in filarial endemic areas under the Mass Drug Administration (MDA) with DEC-Albendazole, which is given once a year to all people in their village. Filariasis can be prevented by avoiding mosquito bites through vector control measures, i.e., removing water logging and using a mosquito net while sleeping.
For more information on Lymphatic Filariasis (Haathipawn) please refer to the portal nvbdcp.gov.in
Theme & Participation Criteria
Theme: The poster-making and slogan-writing competition topic is “Let’s Eliminate Lymphatic Filariasis (Haathipawn) from India”.
Participation Criteria: The competition will be organized for the students enrolled in Grades 6th to 12th and categorized under two categories. Five entries from each category will be selected.
Category I - Classes 6th to 8th
Category II - Classes 9th to 12th
|Start Date||15th January 2023|
|End Date||15th April 2023|
Note: No entries will be eligible after the last date mentioned above.
- The top ten winning students (five from each category) will be appreciated by giving Digital Certificate from the National Center for Vector Borne Diseases Control (NCVBDC) Division of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW).
- The top 10 posters will be tweeted along with Lymphatic Filariasis messages by the NCVBDC through the MoHFW Twitter handle.
Terms and Conditions
- Schools affiliated with CBSE, including Kendriya Vidyalaya, Navodaya Vidyalaya, National Institute of Open Schooling, and schools affiliated to all State Boards can participate in the Campaign.
- Students belonging to Class 6th to Class 12th can participate.
- Students should draw their ideas on full chart paper.
- Top 10 entries will be selected by a Jury.
- The top 10 selected entries will be part of Twitterthon organized by NCVBDC on the MoHFW Twitter handle.
- Creativity and design should be relevant to the contest theme. The slogan should be simple, memorable, and factually correct.
- Entries must have both posters and slogans eligible for the relevant theme for the competition.
- The entries will open from 15th January 2023 to 15th April 2023.