On the occasion of the Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav, it is important to remember our local heroes who have been part of the several historical movement and have made significant contribution in person pre- &post independence. It is important to remember our local heroes and their contributions to the freedom struggle of India.you can locate local heroes who could be men, women, and children of different age group from your area with the help of grandparents, teachers and media, publications and so on. This writing competition will help you to take pride in our struggle for independence and the contributions made by local heroes who stood for the cause.
Activities : Essay , Poem, Story Writing, Poster Sketch
Theme for these Activities: Local Historical Hero
The Activities at the National level will be under the following categories -
- Contribution of the local historical heroes in his city/town/village for community development addressing social issues.
- Life story of local historical heroes
- Local Historical Heroes and their contribution at National Level
- Message/inspiration that one can be drawn from the life of the Local Historical Heroes
Children can gather more information about the Historical Heroes of their area with the help of their grandparents, teachers, and other media
The following applies to Essay and Story Writing and No word limit for poem
Category I - Class 6th to 8th: Within 600 words
Category II - Class 9th to 12th Within 900 words
- The events is open for students of classes 6thto 12th studying in State Boards’ schools and schools under Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (KVS), Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti (NVS) and National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS).
- Line spacing should be 1.15 only.
- Font Style should be Times New Roman in English and Unicode (Devanagri) in Hindi.
- Font size should be 12 for English and 14 for Hindi.
All the entries must be in English or Hindi only.
Start Date: 5th September, 2021
Last Date: 5th October, 2021
Note: No entries will be accepted after the timeline.
Mode of Submission
The entries need to be submitted at the website- www.MyGov.in
The submitted entries, will be categorized state wise for sharing with the States/UTs. Each State/UT shall select the best Three (3) entries eachfrom category I - Elementary (class 6 to 8) andcategory II - Secondary (class 9 to 12) and send to NCERT by 30.12.21. After receiving the state selected entries, NCERT will select the best three entries, for each competition separately, for national level certification/recognition by 30.1.22.
Note: No other means for submission of entries except the above shall be allowed.
Awards & Recognition
The auto-generated participation certificates will be given to all the participants. The 3 best entries at the National level will be given merit certificate.The winners will be announced through Ministry of Education's official twitter handle.
Terms and Conditions
- The competition is open to citizens of India only
- All entries must be submitted on www.MyGov.in. Entries submitted through any other medium/mode would not be considered for evaluation.
- The entry should be original. Copied/plagiarised entries will not be considered for evaluation.
- Please note that the creative entries must be original and should not violate any provisions of the Indian Copyright Act, 1957
- Anyone found infringing on others copyright would be disqualified from the competition. Government of India does not bear any responsibility for copyright violations or infringements of intellectual property carried out by the participants.
- Participants are to make sure that their MyGov Profile is accurate and updated since Ministry of Education would be used this for further communication. This includes details such as name, class, school name with address, complete postal address, email ID and phone number. Entries with incomplete profiles would not be considered.
- Ministry of Education reserves the right to cancel or amend all or any part of the competition/or the Terms and Conditions/Technical Parameters/ Evaluation Criteria.
However, any changes to the Terms and Conditions/Technical Parameters/Evaluation Criteria, or cancellation of the contest, will be updated/ posted on the MyGov Platform. It would be the responsibility of the participant to keep themselves informed of any changes in the Terms and Conditions/Technical Parameters/ Evaluation Criteria stated for this Contest.