The Department of Drinking Water and Sanitation (DDWS), Ministry of Jal Shakti, Government of India is organizing National ODF Plus Film Competition for Gram Panchayats on Menstrual Hygiene Management under Phase 2 of Swachh Bharat Mission-Grameen (SBMG) and in celebration of Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav.
The Competition will encourage and enable GPs’ to showcase ground level initiatives taken for Menstrual Hygiene Management. Menstrual hygiene has continued to be a cause of concern due to lack of knowledge, persisting taboos, stigma, limited access to menstrual products and disposal mechanism of sanitary pads. It is crucial to sensitize our women and girls about the importance and significance of menstrual hygiene management (MHM) which includes providing knowledge, access to menstrual products and information about its safe disposal. This would go a long way to reduce school dropout rate among girl students while improving their health and dignity.
The competition will act as a massive Information, Education and Communication (IEC) campaign to raise mass awareness on MHM and would spread the message for breaking the silence and bust the myths surrounding menstruation and raise awareness on the importance of menstrual hygiene management.
Themes for Participation and Award Details
States’/UTs’ are requested to actively participate in the National Competition on video documentation on Menstrual Hygiene Management. Gram Panchayats may use the administrative funds available under Fifteenth Finance Commission or IEC funds of Swachh Bharat Mission Grameen Phase 2.0 to undertake video documentation (upto 3-4 minutes).
The States’/UTs’ will share three best entries with DDWS for further evaluation. Subsequently; best qualified entries will be felicitated with Certificate, Memento and Cash Prizes of:
- First Prize - Rs. 5.0 lakh
- Second Prize - Rs. 3.0 lakh
- Third Prize - Rs. 2.0 lakh
at National Level by DDWS in each zone indicated in the table below:
|1||North Zone||Haryana, HP, UK, Punjab (4 States)|
|2||N-E Zone||Assam, Sikkim, Mizoram, Meghalaya, Manipur, Nagaland, Tripura, Arunachal Pradesh (8 States)|
|3||Central Zone||Chhattisgarh, Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh (3 States)|
|4||East Zone||Bihar, Jharkhand, Odisha, West Bengal (4 States)|
|5||West Zone||Goa, Gujarat, Maharashtra, Rajasthan (4 States)|
|6||South Zone||Andhra, Karnataka, Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Telangana (5 States)|
|7||Union Territory||A&N, Lakshadweep, J&K, Ladakh, DNH&DD, Puducherry (6 UTs’)|
- All Gram Panchayats are eligible to participate in the competition.
- The campaign will be from 19th November, 2022 (World Toilet Day) to 8th March 2023 (International Women’s Day)
- The film entries may be of short duration (3-4 minutes approx) and good quality (high resolution video with clear action shots and subtitles, as applicable).
- The video must capture the essence of the interventions and highlight the innovations, if any.
- In case the video has sections/narration in vernacular language, sub-titles in English/ Hindi may be added.
- The film entries submitted by gram panchayats to be verified & evaluated by the States/UTs for authenticity, quality, appropriateness, and the final state-wise shortlisted entries to be shared with DDWS for review and consideration of central/national awards.
- Innovation in the implementation of the ideas or presenting already implemented innovations, in the film may be given more weightage and be kept as one of the important parameters while ranking the entries.
- The States and districts to suitably felicitate the shortlisted entries at their level. Fifteenth Finance Commission Funds or SBMG IEC funds may be utilized for the same.
- DDWS will recognize the best film entries submitted in the competition suitably.
|Competition Launch Date:||2nd December, 2022|
|Competition End Date:||8th March, 2023|
Terms and Conditions
- The entries are eligible in all recognized Indian languages/dialects.
- DDWS will have copyright on the submitted entries for future use on its platform (website, social media and others) without any interference or permission(s).
- DDWS will not be responsible for any legal or financial implications involved in the production of films including use of celebrities, songs, footage etc.
- The participant to self-certify the authenticity/claim about original work of the submitted entries or for consideration of awards.
- Every film entry should have clear VO/dialogue/music/song etc.
- The participant may consider using local geography, issues, themes, music/folk etc.
- The entries must have clear details of participant’s name, contact number, Theme/category for consideration.
- The film has to be uploaded on YouTube with a valid and active email id. The upload link needs to be filled up in Participation form on www.mygov.in competition link
- The best entries for each theme/category received from every state/UT will be reviewed by a National Committee constituted by DDWS, Ministry of Jal Shakti for National Awards in respective categories.
- The announcement of awardees and felicitation will be done at a National DDWS Event with memento and certificates.
- No requests relating to claims of re-evaluation of the entries will be considered.
- The decision of the committee will be final and binding to all the entries.
- At any stage of evaluation, if an entry is found to violate the guidelines rules, the entry will be removed from evaluation process without giving any intimation.