Purpose of Gamathon
Gamathon is an Online Game development Contest organised by MyGov to engage youth and entreprenuersin developing gaming apps related to good governance.
MyGov Game Design & Development Contest-2023 will be an opportunity to design and develop a web or mobile game for the most prestigious and largest Citizen Engagement Platform of the Government of India. The Contestants are expected to develop informative, interesting, visually appealing and intellectually challenging games about various Central Government initiatives.
MyGov Game Design and Development Contest provides a unique opportunity :
Genres of Games for the Gamathon
The Contestants can develop games relevant to MyGov under the following genres:
- Adventure Games
- Real-Time Strategy (RTS)
- Board Games
- Puzzle Games
- Role Playing Games (RPG)
- Educational Games
- Open Theme (any open Theme)
Themes for the Contest, Games Development & Design Works
The Contestants to develop games based on the themes of National interest –
|List of Themes|
|National Education Policy|
|City Planning & Urban Development|
|National Agriculture Policy|
|LiFE (Building a Sustainable Future)|
|My Culture My Pride|
Games Design Engines
Contestants may, but are not limited to, use Scratch, GODOT, Unity or Cocos2d, or any other free/open-source platform to develop their games.
Gamathon Evaluation Process
Indian entrepreneurs, start-ups, industry experts, and graduates (preferably from technology/engineering fields) are eligible to submit their entries in various categories as listed.
Students and Individuals
- K-12 Students and College students will also be considered for participation as most of these students, especially those in the engineering field, are budding entrepreneurs. These students will be the first to adapt to the upcoming technology trends.
- Further, participants may be allowed to perform in teams.(At most, 5 participants in a team).
- Participants are required to complete the registration process on MyGov.
Indian entrepreneurs, start-ups, industry experts
- Participating teams must be an Indian company registered under the Companies Act or comply with the definition of Start-up as per the latest notification of DIPP (Available at http://startupindia.gov.in).
Indian company: 51% or more shareholding is with an Indian citizen or person of Indian origin.
There will be a two-stage selection process:
Round 1: Submission Round
The first round of Submission on innovateindia.mygov.in should includethe following:
1) Presentation (4-5 slides) detailing
- An overview of the game and the design and development process, with possibly screenshots/images of the play.
- The game's positioning MyGov. (should include references and outlines of the game’s unique contribution).
2) A demonstration of the game
- a 4-minute maximum gameplay video clearly showing both the screen (if present) and the player interacting with the game.
Round 2 – Jury Round
If Selected from the Submission round, the contestants have to share
- Demonstration of the Game to the Jury Member
- An executable program (game) is created with one of the platforms supporting the competition and can be executed by evaluators without using specialised software. Games must be playable on a web browser and accessible via a URL.
- Source Code and Libraries
- Participate in a Q&A session with the Jury members
Final Round: Announcement of Winner
Contestants selected by the Jury in round 2 will have to submit the full game along with source Code and Libraries to MyGov.
Evaluation of the Game submitted by the participants will be based on the following factors:
Gameplay: - 10 Marks
- Is the game playable?
- Is the gameplay smooth and bug-free?
- Is it well-balanced (not too easy/hard)?
- Do players have meaningful choices in achieving the game’s goal?
Originality: - 15 Marks
- Is the game new, fresh, and innovative?
- How unique is the design and concept of the game?
- Does it bear little resemblance to other games?
Use of Theme: - 25 Marks
- Does the game connect with subject matters captured in MyGov?
- Is the Theme information presented clearly and accurately?
Overall WOW Factor in Game: - 30 Marks
- How engaging and fun is the game?
- Would you recommend it to someone else?
The result of the Gamathon may be announced as follows
- After the announcement of the top 10 Games from overall submissions
- The Top 10 Winners/teams would receive funding of INR 20,000/- (Rupees Twenty Thousand) via DBT.
- Each selected game will be uploaded on the MyGov portal for a month over a period of ten months.
|Launch of Gamathon||January 11, 2023|
|Last date for Submission:||February 11, 2023|
|Screening of Entries Received:||To be Announced|
|Evaluation date by the Jury:||To be Announced|
|Announcement of Winners||To be Announced|
|Live Demonstration of the solution & Evaluation by the Jury||To be Announced|
|Handover of Source Code, Repository, Documentation Knowledge Transfer, training handholding, etc.||To be Announced|
|Go-Live of Games||To be Announced|
Terms and Condition
- The contest is open to Indian Citizens only.
- The decision of MyGov will be final and binding regarding selection at all stages.
- By submitting to the contest, all participants warrant and represent that to the best of their knowledge, their submission is original and does not violate or misappropriate any third-party trade secret, “know-how,” copyright, patent, or other intellectual property right.
- Participants also warrant and represent that there are no obligations of any nature, legal or otherwise, which would prohibit, restrict, or interfere with their participation in the Contest or submission of their design report, and agree to obtain any necessary clearances, authorizations and approvals before participation.
- The participants agree that MyGov will share information submitted by the participants to panel experts, reviewers, etc. (any information you may not want to share publicly should not be submitted).
- MyGov does not claim ownership over Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) for the Innovation sent to us by submitting an application. The IPR shall always remain with the applicant.
- MyGov reserves the right to publish the information about the summary, Key Functionalities, Developer Contact, and Team details.
- By entering the Contest, each participant agrees to release MyGov from and against any losses, damages, rights, claims, and actions arising from
- the exclusion or disqualification of such participants according to these rules
- Late or unsuccessful efforts to notify winners of any prize.
- Forfeiture of a prize and the selection of an alternate winner.
- Late, lost, delayed, damaged, misdirected, incomplete, illegible, or unintelligible entries.
- Telephone, electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet, or computer malfunctions, failures, or difficulties if any.
- Failed, incomplete, garbled, or delayed computer transmissions.
- Any condition caused by events beyond MyGov’s control that may cause the Contest to be disrupted or corrupted
- any injuries, losses, or damages relating to participation in this Contest.
- The participants will also need to share the source of funding and other financial details relted to game development
MyGov reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, suspend this contest, and modify the rules, prizes & funding related to it without prior notice. In no event shall MyGov be liable for any claims, losses, expenses, or damages, arising from or in connection with the foregoing.