The Department of Drinking Water and Sanitation (DDWS), Ministry of Jal Shakti, Government of India is organizing National ODF Plus Film Competition for Gram Panchayats under Phase 2 of Swachh Bharat Mission-Grameen (SBMG) and in celebration of Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav.
The Competition will encourage and enable GPs’ to showcase ground level initiatives and progression of their villages from ODF to ODF plus. This will also help the program to recognize local innovations and honor the leadership of Sarpanches towards making ODF plus villages. It is hoped that these films will also help in documenting best practices in various components of ODF plus viz. ODF sustainability, Bio-degradable waste management, Plastic waste management, Faecal sludge management and Grey water management and promote cross-learning.
The competition will act as a massive Information, Education and Communication (IEC) campaign to raise mass awareness on ODF Plus goals as underlined in SBMG -Phase 2 by encouraging villages and Gram Panchayats using creativity for mapping journey from ODF to ODF Plus in short films format capturing various components of ODF Plus.
Themes for Participation and Award Details
States’/UTs’ are requested to actively participate in the National Competition on video documentation of their journey from ODF to ODF plus and participate. Gram Panchayats may use the administrative funds available under Fifteenth Finance Commission or IEC funds of Swachh Bharat Mission Grameen Phase 2.0 to undertake video documentation (upto 5-6 minutes).
The States’/UTs’ will share ten best entries with DDWS for further evaluation. Subsequently; best entries, as indicated in the table below will be felicitated with Certificate and Memento at National Level by DDWS in each of three categories
|Large/Plains States||Union Territories||Hilly States|
|Ten awards (actual number may vary)||Five awards (actual number may vary)||Five awards (actual number may vary)|
|Andhra Pradesh||Andaman and Nicobar Islands||Arunachal Pradesh|
|Bihar||Dadra and Nagar Haveli and Daman and Diu||Meghalaya|
|Goa||Jammu and Kashmir||Nagaland|
|West Bengal||Puducherry||Himachal Pradesh|
- All ODF Gram Panchayats are eligible to participate in the competition.
- The campaign will be of 4 months duration i.e. 15th Dec, 2021 – 15th April, 2022
- The short film may capture any or all ODF Plus themes including ODF Sustainability, Biodegradable Waste Management, Plastic Waste Management, Grey water Management, Faecal Sludge management, Gobardhan, FFC funds and IEC.
- The initiatives showcased in the film must be suitably updated in the IMIS, along with geo-tagging of assets as required.
- The film entries may be of short duration (5-6 minutes approx) and good quality (high resolution video with clear action shots and subtitles, as applicable).
- The video must capture the essence of the interventions and highlight the innovations, if any, including technical specification of household/community assets, estimated cost and possible O&M arrangements etc.
- In case the video has sections/narration in vernacular language, sub-titles in English/ Hindi may be added.
- The film entries submitted by gram panchayats to be verified & evaluated by the States/UTs for authenticity, quality, appropriateness (technological aspects), IMIS updation along with geo-tagging of assets, and the final state-wise shortlisted entries to be shared with DDWS for review and consideration of central/national awards.
- Innovation in the implementation of the ideas or presenting already implemented innovations, in the film may be given more weightage and be kept as one of the important parameters while ranking the entries.
- The States and districts to suitably felicitate the shortlisted entries at their level. Fifteenth Finance Commission Funds or SBMG IEC funds may be utilized for the same.
- DDWS will recognize the best film entries submitted in the competition suitably.
|Competition Launch Date:||15th Dec, 2021|
|Competition End Date:||15th April, 2022|
Terms and Conditions
- The entries are eligible in all recognized Indian languages/dialects.
- DDWS will have copyright on the submitted entries for future use on its platform (website, social media and others) without any interference or permissions.
- DDWS will not be responsible for any legal or financial implications involved in the production of films including use of celebrities, songs, footage etc.
- The participant to self-certify the authenticity/claim about original work of the submitted entries or for consideration of awards.
- Every film entry should have clear VO/dialogue/music/song etc.
- The participant may consider using local geography, issues, themes, music/folk etc.
- The entries must have clear details on participant name, contact number, Theme/category for consideration.
- The film has to be uploaded on YouTube with a valid and active email id. The upload link needs to be filled up in Participation form on www.mygov.in competition link
- The best entries for each theme/category received from every state/UT will be reviewed by a National Committee constituted by DDWS, Ministry of Jal Shakti for National Awards in respective categories.
- The announcement of awardees and felicitation will be done at a National DDWS Event with memento and certificates.
- No requests relating to claims of re-evaluation of the entries will be considered.
- The decision of the committee will be final and binding to all the entries.
- At any stage of evaluation, if an entry is found to violate the guidelines rules, the entry will be removed from evaluation process without giving any intimation.