The Department of Commerce is glad to announce an online essay writing competition as part of the Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav. As you are aware, Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav is an initiative of the Government of India to celebrate and commemorate 75 years of progressive India and the glorious history of its people, culture and achievements.
The Department of Commerce is inviting undergraduate and postgraduate students to participate in this online essay writing competition on any one of the following topics:
- Azadi & Export Promotion
- Reducing Import Dependence – Atmanirbharta Ki Aur
Please note: The earlier submissions for the topic 'Import Substitution – Atmanirbharta ki Aur' will be duly taken into consideration.
|Start Date||August 27, 2021|
|Last Date of Submission||September 10, 2021|
The essay should be within 1000 words. It should not exceed the word limit or else, would lead to disqualification.
Prize for the top entries is as follows
Top 5 (five) regional entries (North, East, West, South and Central) to receive a Certificate + Rs.5,000/- cash reward from Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Government of India.
Terms and Conditions
- The competition is open for undergraduate and postgraduate students of India only.
- All entries must be submitted on www.mygov.in. Entries submitted through any other medium/mode would not be considered for evaluation.
- A participant can send only one entry. In case it is found that any participant has submitted more than one entry, all the entries will be considered as invalid for the said participant.
- The entry should be original. Copied entries will not be considered under the contest.
- The participant must be the same person who has written the write-up and plagiarism would not be accepted.
- Please note that the Essay must be original and should not violate any provision of the Indian Copyright Act, 1957. Anyone found infringing on others’ copyright would be disqualified from the competition.
- Government of India does not bear any responsibility for copyright violations or infringements of intellectual property carried out by the participants.
- Mention of the author’s name/emails, etc. anywhere in the body of the essay will lead to disqualification.
- Participants are to make sure that their MyGov Profile is accurate and updated since Department of Commerce would be using this for further communication.
- Participants are required to fill and share the Participant Form which includes details such as name, photo, complete postal address, email ID, phone number (mobile), college name and address of the college.
- Participants are to make sure that they share both their entry and Participant Form. Entries with incomplete profiles would not be considered.
- Department of Commerce reserves the right to cancel or amend all or any part of the Competition and/ or the Terms & Conditions/Technical Parameters/ Evaluation Criteria.
- Any dispute or any issue related to this competition would be decided by Department of Commerce, which will be final and binding.
- No requests relating to claims of re-evaluation of the entries will be considered.
- The decision of the committee will be final and binding to all the entries.
- At any stage of evaluation, if an entry is found to violate the guidelines, the entry will be removed from evaluation process without giving any intimation.
- The essay can be submitted in English or Hindi.