National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) is glad to announce a poster making competition for school students of Classes VI to XII under the argies of Ministry of Education, Government of India on the theme ‘Elimination of Single Use Plastics’, which envisions the phasing out of single use plastics (SUP) to save our environment. Our country is committed to phase out identified single use plastics by 2022. Accordingly, a national level Poster Making competition on the theme – "Elimination of Single Use Plastics” is being launched by NCERT. The competition aims to explore students' creative instincts and encourage them to express their ideas about the ways to eliminate single use plastics.
Theme for Poster Making Competition
“Elimination of Single Use Plastics”
Suggestive areas for Poster
The poster may be prepared covering different areas such as elimination of single-use plastics in households; public places such as open markets, shopping malls, parks, protected areas, streets, etc.; educational institutions such as schools, colleges, etc.; offices.Eligibility to participate: Students enrolled in Grade 6th to 12th
Category I - Classes 6th to 8th
Category II - Classes 9th to 12th
- The Poster Making competition is open for students of classes 6th to 12th studying in schools under Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (KVS), Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti (NVS) and National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) and all other school boards across the country.
- The participant should submit the picture/ photo of the poster in JPEG/PDF file format only (file size must not exceed 5 MB).
- Content of the poster should not be obscene or hurt any religious, linguistic or social sentiment.
- Only one entry will be accepted from a participant. Submission of more than one entry by a participant will amount to disqualification.
- The entry should be original. Entries copies from someone else will not be considered.
- The participant must be the same person who has made the poster.
- The poster must be original and should not violate any provision of the India Copyright Act, 1957.
- Infringement of copyright will result in disqualification from the competition. Government of India does not bear any responsibility for copyright violations or infringements of intellectual property carried out by the participants.
- Mention of the particulars of the participant anywhere in the poster will lead to disqualification.
- Participant should ensure that their MyGov profile is accurate and updated since Ministry of Education, Government of India would be using this for further communication. This includes details such as name, photo, complete postal address, email ID and phone/mobile number. Entries with incomplete profiles will not be considered.
- The final evaluation of entries will be done by persons authorized by NCERT.
- NCERT/Ministry of Education, Government of India reserves the right to cancel or amend all or any part of the competition/or the Term and Conditions/Technical Parameters/ Evaluation Criteria etc.
All the texts in the poster must be in Hindi or English.
Mode of Submission
The entries for Poster Making Competition may please be submitted at the website- www.innovateindia.mygov.in
Note: No other means except the above shall be allowed.
- Relevance to the theme (20 %)
- Relevance to the theme (20 %)
- Originality (20 %)
- Creativity (20 %)
- Artistic composition (20 %)
- Message conveyed in the poster (20 %)
- The entries will be categorized state-wise and sent to the States/UTs for initial filtration.
- The evaluation of entries at state level shall be done by the SCERTs.
- Each States/UTs/Autonomous bodies shall select the 10 best entries of the States/UTs and will send to NCERT by 15.01.2022
- NCERT will select the best five entries from each category (classes 6th to 8th and from 9th to 12th ) for national level certification/recognition/Prize.
|Commencement date||3rd December, 2021|
|Closing date||3rd January, 2022|
Awards & Recognition
- The best five entries from each category (classes 6th to 8th and 9th to 12th) will get prize and certificate from NCERT.
- Participation certificates will be given to all the participants.
- The winners will be announced through Ministry of Education/ NCERT official twitter handle and also on MyGov blog section.
Note: Any changes to the Terms and Conditions/Technical Parameters/Evaluation Criteria, or cancellation of the contest, will be updated/ posted on the MyGov Platform. It would be the responsibility of the participant to keep themselves informed of any changes in the Terms & Conditions/Technical Parameters/ Evaluation Criteria stated for this Contest page.