From the brightest minds to the most established corporates, from ideation and designing to development, MyGov Quiz Hackathon will be an opportunity to design and develop the next version of the most engaging tool of MyGov i.e., “Quiz Platform”. Apart from identifying the areas of improvement in the existing MyGov Quiz application, participants may also pitch in their ideas for making MyGov Quiz platform more adaptable, user friendly, suitable for everyone, and ways to incorporate emerging technologies to keep up with advancements in technology for the next few years.
Participants may also look out for solutions which are incorporating latest technological trends like Artificial Intelligence, Advance analytical capability, Multilingual Progressive Web app with modern APIs to deliver enhanced capabilities, reliability, and ease of use while reaching anyone, anywhere, on any device with a single codebase with complete authentication, security, and protection of the platform
Purpose of this Hackathon
MyGov is intending to develop a robust, stable, safe, secure and hackproof innovative Quiz platform for MyGov though this Hackathon. The Agencies/Applicants should have necessary experience, capability, and expertise to perform, as per the terms and conditions outlined in this document.
The MyGov Quiz Hackathon aims to develop a PWA based engagement platform. The critical aspect of conducting this Hackathon is to invite ideas and innovations that would ensure enhanced interaction with citizens and sticky eyeballs on the platform, create awareness, educate citizens and to build serious participation with MyGov with a vision to onboard every citizen of India. The top-of-the-line features to be incorporated include:
- Interactive Web Platform
- Role based User Management System
- Quiz CMS
- Easy User Interface
- Analytical Dashboard
- Scalable and future ready
- AI Ready
- Multilingual Features
- Robustness, Scalability, Interoperability, Safety and Security
- Integration with payment gateway
- Multi Player
- Score Announcement
- Certificate management
Indian entrepreneurs, start-ups, industry experts and graduates preferably from technology/engineering fields are eligible to participate in this contest.
a. Students and Individuals
- Students from technology/engineering fields would also be considered for participation as most of these students, especially the ones who are in the field of engineering, are budding entrepreneurs and are the first ones to adapt to the upcoming trends of technology.
- Further, participants may be allowed to perform in teams with at most 5 participants in a team.
- Participants are required to complete the registration process on MyGov.
b. Indian entrepreneurs, start-ups, industry experts
- Participating teams must be an Indian company registered under Companies Act or comply with the definition of Start-up as per the latest notification of DIPP (Available at http://startupindia.gov.in).
- Indian company: 51% or more shareholding is with Indian citizen or person of an Indian origin.
- Participation from across academia and industry, participating teams are not mandatorily required to be registered Indian Companies / startups to apply for the challenge.
- The challenge will be available on https://innovateindia.mygov.in
- The last date of submission of entry is 31/01/2023 for 1st Stage.
- The applicant may only apply online to submit their proposals by registering and logging on MyGov portal
- Applicants are advised to provide self-contained proposals as per attached form with essential supporting materials for fair evaluation/review.
- No changes will be accepted once proposals are submitted.
- Providing incorrect information will lead to outright rejection of proposals.
|Launch of the Hackathon Challenge:||02/01/2023|
|Last Date of Submission of ideas and wireframes||31/01/2023|
|Presentation of Selected Solutions/Ideas||To be announced|
|Launch of the 2nd Stage (Building of Solution)||To be announced|
|Live Demonstration of the solution & Evaluation by the Jury||To be announced|
|Successful UAT of the developed solution and Execution of quiz module with 5 dummy quizzes for Internal MyGov teams||To be announced|
|Deployment of security audited solution, its integration with MyGov.in& Go-Live||To be announced|
|Operation and Maintenance of the solution for 12 months’ time duration from the date of Go Live||To be announced|
|Handover of Source Code, Repository, Documentation Knowledge Transfer, training handholding etc.||To be announced|
- Approach Towards Problem Solving: Product Idea, Degree of Innovation, Simplicity of Final Solution, Uniqueness & Scalability of Idea, Newness of Approach
- Business Use Case: Business Case, USP and Vision
- Solution Technical Feasibility: Product features, Scalability, Interoperability, enhancement & expansion, Underlying technology components & stack and futuristic orientation
- Easy and adaptable User Interface
- Role based User Management System
- Good Analytical capabilities
- Citizen’s profile and activity feed
- Robustness, Security, Hackproof Features, Scalability & Interoperability
- Multilingual features
- Go live strategy
- Vision for next 3 years (Participants may pitch in their ideas for making the solution successful by incorporating features with emerging technologies/latest trends and seamless integration with MyGov)
There will be a two-stage selection process:
The challenge will be conducted in two stages:
Stage-1 (Ideation & Wireframes of Prototype)
Stage-2 (Solution Development and Final Demo for Selection of Winner)
The Innovation Challenge is open for participation in teams having expertise in the software development field.
i. Ideation & Wireframes of Prototype (Stage-1):
- Applicants will have to submit their innovative and cutting-edge ideas of their solution along with wireframe designs, workflows, team structure, technology platform, integration mechanism, timelines, safety, security, and scalability aspects.
- Based on the submissions top 6 ideas will be selected and will be called for a detailed presentation at MyGov
- From the presentation top 3 solution-ideas best suiting to the requirement of MyGov would be selected
- The 3 selected teams would receive a funding of INR 50,000/- Fifty Thousand.
ii. Solution Building and Operation & Maintenance Phase (Stage-2, Final Stage): :
- In this stage, 3 selected teams would build the MyGov Quiz platform solution as per the requirement and consultation with MyGov and would present their solution with live demo to a distinguished Jury
- The Jury will select the best solution and the winner will get the winning prize amount of INR 20,00000/- Twenty Lakhs only. along with certificate from MyGov.
- The Payment schedule of the prize money will be done in phases as mentioned below:
- Successful UAT of the developed solution and Execution of quiz module with 5 dummy quizzes for Internal MyGov teams: 5 Lakhs
- Deployment of security audited solution, its integration with MyGov.in& Go-Live :5 Lakhs
- On successful completion of Operation and Maintenance of the solution for 12 months’ time duration from the date of Go Live: 5 lakhs
- Handover of Source Code, Repository, Documentation Knowledge Transfer, training handholding etc: 5 Lakhs
- Post 1-Year MyGov may extend the O&M duration as per the existing terms and conditions
Terms and Condition
- The contest is open to Indian Citizens only.
- The decision of MyGov will be final and binding about selection on all stages.
- By making a submission in the contest, all participants warrant and represent that to the best of their knowledge, their submission is original and does not violate or misappropriate any third-party trade secret, “know-how,” copyright, patent, or other intellectual property right.
- Participants also warrant and represent that there are no obligations of any nature, legal or otherwise, which would prohibit, restrict, or interfere with their participation in the Contest or submission of their design report, and agree to obtain any necessary clearances, authorizations and/or approvals prior to participation.
- The participants agree that MyGov will share information submitted by the participants as to panel experts, reviewers etc. (any information that you may not want to share publicly should not be submitted).
- MyGov reserves the right to publish the grantees information with regards to Brief summary, Key Functionalities, Developer Contact, Team details.
- MyGov reserves the copyright and intellectual property rights on the solution developed and selected through this hackathon
- By entering the Contest, each participant agrees to release MyGov from and against any losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind arising from
- an exclusion or disqualification of such participant pursuant to these rules.
- late or unsuccessful efforts to notify winners of any prize.
- forfeiture of a prize and the selection of an alternate winner.
- late, lost, delayed, damaged, misdirected, incomplete, illegible, or unintelligible entries.
- telephone, electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet, or computer malfunctions, failures, or difficulties of any kind
- failed, incomplete, garbled, or delayed computer transmissions.
- any condition caused by events beyond MyGov’s control that may cause the Contest to be disrupted or corrupted; and
- any injuries, losses or damages of any kind relating to participation in this Contest.
- MyGov reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, suspend this Contest, and modify the rules, prizes & funding related to the contest without prior notice. In no event shall Government or any other organizers be liable for any claims, losses, expenses, or damages, arising out of or in connection with the foregoing.
- Any correspondence with participant will be done through an email provided by the participant at time of filling the application form. Organizers are not liable in case of email delivery failures.