Road safety is an emerging trend nowadays. Road traffic accidents (RTA) is a global disaster hampering the life of millions. Every day 414 valuables' lives are lost due to road accidents. Road safety reflects the character of a person. After many road safety campaigns and awareness programs, there is still an increase in deaths in India, ranking first in the number of road accident deaths across the 199 countries and accounting for almost 11% of the accident-related deaths in the World. Not only in India, Road traffic continues to be a major developmental issue, a public health concern, and is a leading cause of death and injury across the World killing more than 1.35 million globally as reported in the Global Status report on Road Safety 2018 with 90% of these casualties taking place in the developing countries.
Indian Road Safety Campaign and Ministry of Road Transport and Highways have launched this Hackathon during National Road Safety Month to invite unique innovations that have the potential to change the scenario of road safety in India.
This Hackathon aims to utilize the intellect and ideation capabilities of the students of premier technical colleges of India for developing implementable solutions in form of digital solutions to promote road safety, to reduce the frequency and effect of road accidents, and improve emergency care.
- All the submitted applications would be reviewed by our evaluators under different focus areas. Each application will be assessed by a set of evaluators to ensure the best submission gets selected for the next round.
- The applications will be evaluated on different parameters, including but not limited to the market need, novelty of the idea/innovation, stage of development, scalability, potential impact, technical & financial feasibility, commercialization capacity, the team, and the overall business plan.
- The evaluators reserve the right to select or reject any submission without assigning any reasons whatsoever and without thereby incurring any liability to the participant(s) whatsoever.
Phase 1 Registrations
Phase 1 Result Announcement
15 Feb 2021
Phase 2 Submissions Deadline
22 Feb 20201
Announcement of Finalists(Phase 3)
25 Feb 2021
Phase 3- Final Presentation
28 Feb 2021
Phase 1: Idea (250 Words)
Phase 2: Prototype Video and Code
Phase 3: Presentation
|3 Consolation Prizes:||5,000 each|
Terms and Conditions
- Indian nationals only.
- Students studying at any Indian university/ institute.
- Start-ups, and professionals/ employed individuals.
- Solo founders, entrepreneurs, and other individuals.
B. Application Submission
- The Safer India Hackathon is organized by IRC(Indian Road Safety Campaign) and MoRTH(Ministry of Road Transport and Highways), henceforth called as ‘Organizers’.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- All entries obtained through unauthorized sources or which are incomplete, illegible, mutilated, altered, reproduced, forged, irregular, or fraudulent in any way or otherwise not in compliance with the rules are automatically void.
- The form should either be submitted in English.
- It is strongly advised not to wait until the deadline for the submission of entries. Organizers shall not be responsible for non-receipt of entries on account of server errors/ traffic.
- The organizers reserve the right to select or reject any submission without assigning any reasons whatsoever and without thereby incurring any liability to the participant(s) whatsoever.
- Applicants should avoid uploading any proprietary information on the platform as the submitted entries shall be shared with evaluators & mentors for the purpose of evaluation & mentoring. Organizers do not take any responsibility in case of patent right(s) violation(s) if the innovation(s) submitted is awaiting patent or is in the process of patent filing.
- The participants represent that the submission is original, and is not copyrighted by anyone or any firm. The participants also represent that the submission contains no violation of any existing copyright or another third party right including but not limited to copyrights, patents, trademarks, service marks, trade secrets or other proprietary rights or any material of an obscene, indecent, libelous or otherwise unlawful nature and does not infringe the rights of others. The participants are solely responsible for the accuracy of any information and conclusions contained in their respective submissions. Further, the participants understand that any submission in violation of the instant clause shall stand disqualified, without any intimation to the participants.
- The organizers shall be entitled to, without limitation, publish the submissions (or part(s) thereof) on their promotional materials, including but not limited to websites, their newsletters or any other publications; without payment of additional consideration, except where prohibited by law.
- Organizers reserve to cancel the competition or modify the rules, dates of the competition anytime. The Organizers shall have no liability whatsoever for any inconvenience/loss directly or indirectly caused to any Participant due to such modification of rules/cancellation of competition and the Participants shall accordingly not be entitled to raise any claims pertaining to the same.
- Once the participants have made submissions on the platform, they shall have no claim even in the event of stoppage/cancellation of the competition.
- Removal/ voluntary withdrawal of members from any team is not encouraged. No other form of team modification will be entertained at any point.
- Teams shall maintain detailed documentation of their idea and solution at all stages of the hackathon for reference and record purposes. The organizers reserve the right to review these documents any time during the event.
- Any decision by the organizers on any aspect of the hackathon at any point of time during the course of the event is final and binding to all the participants, without any reservations.
- The Participants shall indemnify and keep indemnified organizers against any claim raised by any party regarding the submission made by the participants. The participants shall be liable to indemnify the organizers for all costs and expenses they may have to incur against such claims.
- The Participants shall preserve the confidentiality of all communication & information and shall not use the same for any other purpose whatsoever.
- If any question, dispute or difference (hereinafter referred to as a ‘Dispute’) between the participant and the organizers hereto arises, the decision of the President, IRSC will be final and binding
- You can write to us at info[at]road-safety[dot]co[dot]in. The team will respond back as soon as possible.
- During the Hackathon, the team leader shall be considered as the Single Point of Contact for all engagements & communication by the organizing committee. Furthermore, the team leader cannot be changed during the course of the hackathon.
- All the results, announcements, and updates will be shared on our website. Email updates will be sent to concerned participants wherever required.
- All communications between the Organizers and team leader will be done through the registered email only. This will be the only form of communication and any other forms of communication will not be entertained.
- Taxes on the prize money will be the sole responsibility of the winners. Prizes may be subject to tax reporting and other purposes. The winner agrees to provide necessary information to affect the same and to fully cooperate in fulfilling all applicable legal requirements. Taxes on the prize money will be applicable as per the rules on the day of disbursement.
- Mode of payment - The prize money will be transferred to the bank account of the winner. Bank account details must be shared after the results are announced.