Jal Shakti Abhiyan – Catch The Rain with the tagline “Catch The Rain- where it falls, when it falls” was a nationwide campaign launched by Shri NARENDRA MODI, Hon’ble Prime Minister of India on 22.03.2021, World Water day to nudge states and stakeholders to create appropriate Rain Water Harvesting structures (RWHS), suitable to the climatic condition and sub soil strata of the area, with people’s active participation. The campaign was launched to create large scale awareness on water conservation so that “Jal Andolan” becomes a “Jan Andolan”. This campaign covered all rural and urban areas of all districts in the country, making it one of the largest Rain Water Harvesting campaign ever in the world.
With the active co-operation of the Central Ministries/Departments and the State Governments the “JSA:CTR”- 2021 campaign evoked a very good response from people all over the country and met astounding success. Since the launch on 22nd March 2021, in both rural and urban areas put together, a total of more than 46 lakh water related works have been completed/ on-going, in addition to more than 36 crore afforestation works and more than 43,000 training programme/ kisan-melas were held. The expenditure under MGNREGS alone is more than Rs. 65,000 crore.
After the over whelming response of “JSA:CTR”- 2021 it was decided to take up “Jal Shakti Abhiyan:Catch The Rain”- 2022 campaign with a motive to continue the vision of our Hon’ble Prime Minister to make Jal Andolan a Jan Andolan.
“Jal Shakti Abhiayn:Catch The Rain”- 2022 campaign, launched by Hon’ble President of India on 29th March 2022, is being implemented from 29th March 2022 to 30th November 2022 in all the districts (rural as well as urban areas) of the country with the tag line “Catch The rain, where it falls, when it falls”.
National Water Mission, MoJS in collaboration with MyGov under “Jal Shakti Abhiyan: Catch The Rain” campaign invites entries for “Share your Picture with Water body” from participants of the age groups 14 to 70 years from all over India with an objective of creating awareness as well as encouraging the initiatives being taken up in the field of water conservation and importance of water resources for the future.
The participants will have to post their own picture along with geo tagged the water body in their background and share the present condition of the water body.
|30th March 2022
|31st Dec 2022
Terms & Conditions:
- The “Picture with Water body” competition is being organized by National Water Mission, Department of Water Resources, River Development & Ganga Rejuvenation, Ministry of Jal Shakti, Government of India.
- Participants from all over the India and of age group of 14 to 70 years are eligible give to entries.
- The participants shall share their own picture along with geo tagged the water body in their background and share the present condition of the water body on MyGoV (www.mygov.in) Portal contest page.
- The participants shall share their picture along with geo tagged the water body in their background and condition of the water body on MyGoV Portal. Entries submitted through any other medium/mode would not be considered for evaluation.
- The selected winners will be awarded e-certificates by National Water Mission, Ministry of Jal Shakti Govt of India.
- The entry must not contain any provocative, objectionable or inappropriate content.
- One entrant can participate only once. Multiple entries from the same entrant shall not be considered and will be discarded.
- Once submitted an entry cannot be withdrawn.
- The entry must be original and should not violate any provision of the Indian Copyright Act, 1957 or the Intellectual Property Rights of any third party. All entries received by the stipulated date and found in order, shall be evaluated by a Committee constituted for the purpose. The decision of the Committee will be final.
- The winning entries would become the intellectual property of National Water Mission, Ministry of Jal Shakti and the winner shall not exercise any right over it. The Ministry will have unfettered right to modify the prize winning entry and may use them for promotional purposes, Information, Education and Communication materials and also for any other use as may be deemed appropriate.
- Each of the winners will be notified through email address that they provide along with their submission. MyGov (www.mygov.in) portal shall display the names of winners.
- Organizers will not accept any responsibility for entries that are lost, are late or incomplete or have not been transmitted due to computer error or any other error beyond the organizer’s reasonable control. Please note proof of submission of the entry is not proof of receipt of the same.
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances, organizers reserve the right to amend or withdraw the competition at any time. For the avoidance of doubt this includes the right to amend these terms and conditions.
- The Participant shall abide by all the rules and regulations of participating as mentioned above.
- All Government employees participating in this competition should have prior permission from their employer to participate in this competition.
- The participant should make sure that his/her MyGov profile is accurate and updated since the Ministry would be using this for further communication. This includes details such as name, photo, complete postal address, email ID and phone number. Entries with incomplete profiles would not be considered.
- Organisers reserve all rights to disqualify or refuse participation to any participant if they deem participation or association of any participant which is detrimental to the competition or the Organizers. The registrations shall be void if the information received by the Organizers is illegible, incomplete, damaged, false or erroneous.
- Organiser’s decision on the competition shall be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into regarding the same.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of the Indian Judiciary.
- By sending the entries, the Entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions, mentioned above.