ABOUT 'AATMANIRBHAR TOYS INNOVATION CHALLENGE'
The 'AATMANIRBHAR TOYS INNOVATION CHALLENGE' welcomes you to participate and create an attractive toy based game, inspired by Indian tradition and culture. Toys and games have always been an enjoyable means of training young childrenabout life and values in society. Through this innovation challenge, we will be wish to educate children about Indian culture, heritage and rituals by immersing them into our cultural richness in a fun, interactive way.
This is the time that we utilize the strenghth of our bright ideas and bring out games based on our Indian culture, tradition and heritage and stories of ancient lives and put into display the beliefs and traditions that exist among communities of people.
The Hon'ble Prime Minister in his Mann Ki Baat address on August 30th 2020, mentioned the great potential and opportunity that can be tapped to promote 'AatmaNirbhar Indian Toys'. In order to give visibility to the Indigenous Toys manufacturer, MyGov is honoured to launch a National level 'AATMANIRBHAR TOYS INNOVTION CHALLENGE', to encourage Indians to design toy-based games based on Indian tradition, culture, heritage, mythological stories and characters.
The entries in the contest will be in two parts.
- Individual participation
- Team participation (maximum of 4 people)
All entries will be checked for its originality and non plagiarization
The applications will be evaluated on different parameters(pls refer to evaluation)
The game can be in any of the following fields/ categories:
- Board game
- Outdoor Game
- Digital Game - Any game can be in digital form by usage of toys or props (eg pieces on chess board or dice in ludo). Each digital game must include storyline with props or toys inside the game.
ABOUT PROBLEM STATEMENT
With the change in lifestyle and deepening of western influence, we see one striking difference between modern childhood and the children of previous generation, the lack of Indian games. Earlier games had a rich culturale and heritage value and were tools to pass on some ancestral knowledge. They were also suitable for all ages and increased the interaction between generations.
MyGov India's 'AATMANIRBHAR TOYS INNOVATION CHALLENGE' is intended to address these issues.
- No age criterion
- Participation can be an individual or a team
- Entries should be original and not plagiarized
TOY BASED GAME PROCESS:
- The Innovation Challenge will be available on innovateindia.mygov.in
- The last date of submission of entry is 20-Jan-2021
- The applicant needs to log-in on MyGov portal: www.mygov.in
- Applicants are advised to provide self-contained proposals with essential supporting materials provided as uploads for an informed and fair evaluation/review.
- No changes will be accepted once proposals are submitted.
- Providing incorrect information will lead to outright rejection of proposals.
All the submitted entries will be reviewed by our evaluators under different fields.
Each application will be assessed by a set of evaluators to ensure the best submission gets selected.
- All entries will be checked for its originality and not being plagiarized.
- The game proposed must have usage of toys or props (eg pieces on chess board or dice in ludo) and incase of of a digital game, the game must include storyline with prop or toys inside the game.
- The game must reflect Indian culture, tradition and values. The significance of value proposed can be limited to local or National level.
- The submission should include a written brief about the game within 500 words
The applications will be evaluated on different parameters:
- Including but not limited to the market need
- use of props or Toys
- novelty of the idea/innovation
- Story line of the proposed game
- Influence of Indian culture or Indian tradition
- potential impact
- commercialization capacity
Top winner in each category to get cash reward of Rs 1 lakh each
The evaluators reserve the right to select or reject any submission without assigning any reasons whatsoever and without thereby incurring any liability to the participant(s) whatsoever.
- Launch and call for entries: 4th December 2020
- Application deadline: 20th January 2021
- Selection rounds
- Winner announcement
- Top winners in each category to get cash awards of Rs 1 lakh each
- Top winners will also get an opportunity to showcase their products in National Toy Fair in February 2021
GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS:
- The contest is open to Indian Citizens only.
- The decision of MyGov will be final and binding with regard to selection on all stages.
- By making a submission in the contest, all participants warrant and represent that to the best of their knowledge, their submission is original and does not violate or misappropriate of any third-party trade secret, “know-how,” copyright, patent or other intellectual property right. Participants also warrant and represent that there are no obligations of any nature, legal or otherwise, which would prohibit, restrict, or interfere with their participation in the Contest or submission of their design report, and agree to obtain any necessary clearances, authorizations and/or approvals prior to participation.
- The participants agree that MyGov will share information submitted by the participants as to panel experts, reviewers etc. (any information that you may not want to share publicly should not be submitted).
- Government does not claim ownership over Intellectual Property Right (IPR) for the Innovation that is sent to us by submitting an application. The IPR shall remain with the applicant at all times.
- Government reserves the right to publish the grantees information with regard to Name of the Game, Brief summary, Key Functionalities, Developer/Creator Contact, Team details.
- By entering the Contest, each participant agrees to release MyGov from and against any losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind arising from
- an exclusion or disqualification of such participant pursuant to these rules;
- late or unsuccessful efforts to notify winners of any prize;
- forfeiture of a prize and the selection of an alternate winner;
- late, lost, delayed, damaged, misdirected, incomplete, illegible or unintelligible entries;
- telephone, electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet, or computer malfunctions, failures or difficulties of any kind;
- failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions;
- any condition caused by events beyond MyGov’s control that may cause the Contest to be disrupted or corrupted; and
- any injuries, losses or damages of any kind relating to participation in this Contest.
- MyGov reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, suspend this contest and modify the rules, prizes & funding related to the contest without prior notice. In no event shall MyGov or any other organizers be liable for any claims, losses, expenses or damages, arising out of or in connection with the foregoing.
- Taxes as applicable, shall be deducted
MeitY reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, suspend this contest and modify the rules and prizes related to the contest without prior notice. In no event shall MeitY/Digital India/MyGov/NIC or any other organizers be liable for any claims, losses, expenses or damages, arising out of or in connection with the foregoing.
MyGov platform is designed, developed and hosted by National Informatics Centre, Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology, Government of India.