Malaria has been a major public health problem in India. Despite several challenges, India has made great strides in the past two decades towards eliminating malaria. Ending Malaria remains a top government priority in India.
World Malaria Day, annual observance held on April 25 to raise awareness of the global effort to control and ultimately eradicate malaria. World Malaria Day is observed to recognize the existence of malaria in countries worldwide and to bring greater awareness to the global fight against the disease.
In this context, NCVBDC proposes to organize an all-India poster making and slogan writing competition to be held online for school students. The competition will be held on My GOV.
This competition will entail two main components.
- All India poster making competition for school students - best entries will be selected by a Jury.
- The winning posters will be tweeted through MoHFW’s tweeter handle along with messages/ posts pertaining to Malaria.
- There will be preliminary screening committee which will choose 100 best posters to select top 10 winners.
- Out of 100 best posters top 10 will be selected by a Jury.
The topic for the poster making competition is “ELIMINATE MALARIA FROM INDIA”. The competition will enhance awareness amongst students regarding Malaria signs & symptoms, prevention and control.
|4th April 2022
|31st May 2022
Terms of Reference for participating in the competition
- Participation Categories (Class-wise): The competition will be organized for the students enrolled in Grade 6th to 12th and categorized under two categories. 5 entries each will be selected from each category.
- Category I - Classes 6th to 8th
- Category II - Classes 9th to 12th
- Guidelines for entries:
- Use full chart paper.
- Entries must have both “poster theme” and “slogan writing” to be eligible for the competition.
- Selection criteria: Creative, designing, innovative, and relevant to the contest theme. The messages should simple, clear, memorable and factually correct.
- Awards and recognition:
- The winning students will be felicitated (through a virtual event) during an event held on World Malaria Day on 25th April 2022. The wining students will also receive an award of Rs 1000 each and will also get a certificate as a token of appreciation from the NCVBDC.
- All eligible entries will receive “participation certificate”.
- Top 10 posters will be tweeted along with Malaria messages by the NCVBDC through MoHFWs Twitter handle.
For more information on MALARIA please refer to the: (nvbdcp.gov.in)