About Program & Partner
The National Commission for Women (NCW) is the apex statutory organization working towards enabling women to achieve equality and equal participation in all spheres of life. Acknowledging that economic independence is the key to women empowerment, NCW aims to create a lasting impact for women across the country by providing aspiring women entrepreneurs access to knowledge required to start, sustain and grow their entrepreneurial ventures.
To achieve this in the North Eastern Region, NCW in collaboration with the Centre for Development of North Eastern Region (CeDNER) of Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Shillong, who is involved in organizing both short term and long term programmes relevant to the local community and society of the state and the region, has designed a program to support the knowledge of general management among aspiring women entrepreneurs of the North East.
About the Program
The Certificate Program in General Management for aspiring women entrepreneurs of North Eastern Region (NER) is designed to motivate the aspiring women entrepreneurs of the region. The objective of the course is to facilitate women entrepreneurs in honing entrepreneurial prowess by introducing them to basic yet effective business strategies and tools. The course will present an overview of the management strategies and cases that can be implemented in real-life engagements.
The course will be funded by NCW for all selected participants and will be delivered by eminent faculty members of IIM Shillong, industry leaders and successful women entrepreneurs of the region. The sessions organized under this Program will facilitate women entrepreneurs and aspiring entrepreneurs in developing a better understanding of the business and entrepreneurship ecosystem and plan activities/strategies. It will deliver a broad base of understanding of Management to aspiring women entrepreneurs in the areas of management, finance, Information Technology, and general management area. The sessions are designed as an outcome-based learning model where the participants shall be equipped with ideas and processes of establishing and functioning a business, scaling up a business unit, forward integration, market linkages and more.
Click here to see the Program Contents (PDF)
On completion of the Programme, the Participants will be awarded a Certificate of Participation from IIM Shillong.
Mode of delivery of the Program
Online and Real time basis (live)
Length of the program
60 hours (to run only on weekends from 03/09/22 to 16/10/22)
39 hours of lecture (26 sessions of 1.5 hrs. each, 3 sessions a day)
Efforts required completing the program
Saturday – 4 ½ hours & Sunday – 4 ½ hours
Language of delivery
Level of difficulty
Free – Sponsored by NCW
Guidelines for Applicants
- The Participating Women should have a registered enterprise or should have a plan to start one. She must have completed her Graduation degree from an Indian University/Institution. It must be recognized by the Association of Indian Universities, Ministry of HRD, Government of India.
- Registration for the course is to be done exclusively in MyGov.in Portal of the Government of India. IIM Shillong will shortlist eligible candidates for participation in the training program and shall be intimated accordingly.
- Multiple entries from the same participant are not allowed and the participant may face disqualification.
- Any false representation or submission of any wrong information by any participant will disqualify her.
- All the information submitted by the participants will be used only for the purpose of this program and participants give their consent to the use of information submitted by them.
- Minimum 125 number of participants for effective delivery of the programme.
- Applications will be received only on (https://innovateindia.mygov.in/)
|Application start date||15 July 2022|
|Application end date||12 August 2022|